99(Ninety Nine) Names of Allah
“The most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on Him by them; but shun such men as to distort His names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.” (Qur'an, 7:180)
Allah is He than whom there is no other God, the Sovereign the Holy One the Source of Peace (and Perfection). The Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him. He is Allah the Creator the Evolver the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise. (Qur’an, 59:23-24)
Abu Huraira narrated that Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.) said, Allah has ninety-nine Names, i.e., one hundred minus one, and whoever believes in their meanings and acts accordingly, will enter Paradise. And Allah is Witr (one) and He loves ' Witr' (i.e., odd numbers).” (Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith No. 419)
Abu Huraira narrated that Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.) said, "Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; and he who memorized them all by heart will enter Paradise." (To count something means to know it by heart.) (Bukhari 9/489 also see 3/894 )
• The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.
• The Most Merciful
• The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.
• The most Compassionate
• The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.
• The King, the Monarch
• The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.
• The Holy one
• The One who is free from every imperfection.
• The Peace, The Tranquility
• The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.
• The One with Faith
• The Faithful, The Trusted
• The One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.
• The Protector
• The vigilant, the controller
• The Defeater who is not defeated.
• The Mighty
• The Almighty, the powerful
• The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.
• The all Compelling
• The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.
• The Haughty, the Majestic
• The Imperious
• The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
• The Creator, the Maker
• The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.
• The Artificer, the Creator
• The One who forms His creatures in different pictures.
• The Fashioner
• The Organizer, the Designer
• The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.
• The Forgiving, the Forgiver
• The Subduer who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.
• The Almighty, the Dominant
• The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return.
• The Donor, the Bestower
• The Provider, the Sustainer
• The One who opens for His slaves the closed worldly and religious matters.
• The Opener, the Revealer
• The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.
• The all Knowing, the Omniscient
• The One who constricts the sustenance.
• The Contractor, The Restrainer, the Recipient.
• The One who expands and widens.
• The Expander, He who expands
• The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction.
• The Abaser, the Humbler
• The One who raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.
• The Raiser, the Exalter
• He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him;
• The Honorer, the Exalter
• Degrades whoever he willed, hence there is no one to give him esteem.
• The Abaser, the Degrader, the Subduer
• The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.
• The Hearer, The All hearing, all knowing.
• The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.
• The Seer, The discerning, the All seeing.
• He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.
• The arbitrator, the Judge
• The One who is entitled to do what He does.
• The justice, the equitable. The Just.
• The Most Gentle, the Gracious.
• The One who is kind